Visitor Services Supervisor
Phoenix Art Museum is looking for a Visitor Services Supervisor to oversee all functions of the Visitor Services department in order to provide a high level of customer service to the Museum’s members, visitors, volunteers, and staff.
1. Supervise Visitor Services Associates and Lead Associates and oversee all daily operations of the Visitor Services department.
2. Adheres to and trains Visitor Services staff to follow the 5 Star Program on a daily basis.
3. Schedule Associates and Lead Associates to ensure a superior level of customer service.
4. Prepare/produce/distribute training guides, Visitor Services Policy and Procedure Handbook, Ticketing System Manual, weekly employee schedules, attendance reports.
5. Work with other departments to gather information regarding Museum admission policies/promotions, activities and events and distribute this information to the Visitor Services department.
6. Develop, implement, and administer training programs for Visitor Services Associates and Lead Associates. Conduct regular training sessions and in-service meetings for all Associates. Training topics include proper use of equipment, customer service skills, proper attitude and appearance, and Museum policy.
7. Hold regular staff meetings within the department.
8. Manage and maintain hardware and software used at the Visitor’s Desk, work with IT as needed.
9. Work alongside the ticketing database staff to ensure all ticketing software/hardware is functioning properly.
10. Address software issues related to front desk operations. Correspond with software support office to resolve issues.
11. Respond to visitors’ concerns in a manner that ensures a positive outcome for the visitor and the Museum.
12. Work with the Accounting department in regards to cash/transaction-related issues as needed. Maintain accurate and appropriate cash reserves.
13. Work with school and adult group sales and volunteers.
14. Work with Museum departments to facilitate communication of activities and events to visitors through print and/or digital vehicles.
15. Work closely with Human Resources concerning staffing needs and employee discipline procedures.
16. Attend necessary staff meetings.
17. Order supplies for Visitor Services Desk, and provide a clean, orderly working environment for staff and the public.
18. Perform all duties of Visitor Services Associates and Lead Associates.
1. High school graduate, Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
2. Minimum one-year experience in customer service environment.
3. Minimum one-year supervisory experience in a customer service environment.
1. Cash and handling procedures.
2. Point-of-sale ticketing systems strongly preferred.
3. Spanish language skills desirable.
Skill and ability to:
1. Use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel proficiently.
2. Exhibit strong documentation and report writing skills.
3. Communicate and interact effectively with a wide range of Museum members, visitors, volunteers and staff.
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with job code NAL-VSS to [email protected]
** Incomplete applications may not be accepted for review **
Job Status: Regular, full-time, non-exempt EOE