Senior Manager, Advancement Operations & Reporting
POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Advancement Operations & Reporting
REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement Operations & Analytics
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time/40 hours a week – Monday to Friday; some evenings and weekends required.
WORK LOCATION: Los Angeles. Currently remote work during the stay-at-home orders and until further notice.
STATUS: (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
DEPARTMENT: Institutional Advancement
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion permeate all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes and in the community.
Center Theatre Group seeks a Senior Manager, Advancement Operations & Reporting to join the company’s Institutional Advancement team, reporting to the Director of Advancement Operations & Analytics and managing the Gift Accounting & Data Analyst. This position will manage the systems and reporting infrastructure for the advancement department including setting up all entry and export procedures used in day-to-day operations with the Tessitura CRM system, as well as generating reports and analyses for standard performance tracking needs. In addition, this role will act as the department’s lead for Tessitura and other systems and work to cultivate a data-driven culture on the team by training and empowering staff.
• Supervise Gift Accounting & Data Analyst in the coordination of all gifts accounting systems including processing, receipting, pledge invoicing and reconciliation, and updating gift records in Tessitura database.
• Manage database integrity by implementing data input and export standards and creating quality assurance measures to monitor team’s entry.
• Manage and support department list pulls for event invitations, standard communications and appeals, and special campaigns using Tessitura.
• Plan and execute all mass data update needs to donor records including solicitation changes, RSVP tracking systems, wealth ratings and rankings, and ad hoc data appends.
• Work as Advancement lead with web team with the integration of Tessitura, Classy, and CTG website including developing and troubleshooting new web functionality and/or pages.
• Project manage and deliver on timelines related to systems and reporting priorities on the team.
• Collaborate with team on the implementation of CTG’s annual tele-fundraising campaign including segmentation building and electronic lead management process.
• Support Director with department budget tracking in accordance with Finance, including acting as primary administrator for expense system, Certify
• Oversee department’s use of recurring, scheduled reports and dashboards and update criteria as needed.
• Support Director with in-depth reporting and analysis needs including weekly pacing and monthly risk assessment reports, P&L tracking, appeal reporting, and portfolio activity metrics.
• Work alongside Director and Info Systems team in the design and implementation of new reporting tools used to track all fundraising efforts.
• Manage monthly reconciliation of income and expenses, including the review of net asset funds to be released in accordance with Finance procedures.
• Participate in the Tessitura Power Users Group to bring organization-wide best practices to the department, including member of data merge team.
• Maintain and actively develop a thorough understanding of Tessitura database table structures and report procedures relevant to fundraising operations to assist in upholding department tracking tools and developing new business practices.
• Keep abreast of all upcoming changes to Tessitura application to assist with implementation of any changes on the team.
• Lead onboarding of new staff members with training of database operation standards.
• Maintain up to date documentation for all standard operating procedures including customized practices used by the Advancement team.
• Act as back-up gift processor as needed.
• Demonstrate a commitment to CTG’s equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and values as well as demonstrate an ongoing commitment to an anti-racist work culture.
• Attend and work up to 10 special events throughout the season; some nights and weekends required.
• Other duties or projects as assigned.
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years working experience in fundraising department at a not-profit preferred.
• Experience using a fundraising enterprise software, Tessitura required.
• Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
• Basic understanding of SQL preferred.
• Experience in MS Word and Outlook, with advanced knowledge of Excel a plus.
• The ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and work with competing deadlines, and an interest in supporting the mission of Center Theatre Group.
• Ability to sit, type and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
• Willingness and ability to work 40 hours per week. Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
CTG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including retirement plan options, escalating paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays, and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program.
HOW TO APPLY
Tell us why you are the ideal person for this job.
Please send your resume and cover letter along with salary desired to [email protected] Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to the heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, other source.
No phone calls please. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.