Pyramid Atlantic Art Center’s Keyholder Residency
Pyramid Atlantic Art Center’s Keyholder Residency is a competitive opportunity for emerging to mid-career artists who want to have unlimited access to the studios in exchange for working 4 hours a week for Pyramid Atlantic. The residency is awarded to artists who hope to gain more knowledge and improve their skills in the printmaking, papermaking, or book arts studios. Two artists are selected twice a year by the Pyramid Atlantic artistic staff. Keyholders work in a productive community atmosphere alongside other artists and are expected to abide by all studio policies. Housing is not provided, although, upon acceptance, artists will receive information on opportunities of nearby housing.
Spring/Summer Residency Dates: March 1-August 18, 2023
Selected Artists will receive:
• 24-hour studio access (up to 30 hours a week)
• Flat file and storage space for supplies
• Promotion in PAAC newsletter and social media
Keyholder residents are asked to:
• Work 4 hours a week for PAAC (Perform daily operational tasks including but not limited to ordering supplies, receiving, and unpacking orders, responding to organizational inquiries, and working at the reception desk)
• Bring their own consumable supplies (paper, ink, newsprint, etc.)
• Present one artist talk or public demonstration
• Share studio with other artists and PAAC programming
• Project description: letter of intent explaining why you would like to participate in the Keyholder Program, how this opportunity will affect your career goals, and what studios/equipment you plan on using.
• 4-5 images of recent work
Note: Current Pyramid Atlantic Board members and artistic associates are not eligible for the Keyholder Residency