Operations and Development Coordinator
Creciendo Juntos (CJ) means “growing together” and was launched initially as a fiscally-sponsored program of Piedmont Housing Alliance. CJ was formed in response to an urgent need for culturally responsive services for the growing Latinx community in Charlottesville, Virginia. Currently CJ is an independent 501c3 and a leading Latinx organization that provides year round workshops, forums and resources for Latinx communities and Latinx-serving organizations. We are directed by a volunteer board and partner broadly to help strengthen Latinx families’ connections within our community. The mission of Creciendo Juntos is to provide a platform for the voices, needs and wants of the Latinx community in Charlottesville and surrounding counties through education and leadership development. As agents of advocacy and equity, our volunteer network of individuals and organizations strives to strengthen Central Virginia by ensuring that all Latinx individuals have access to the opportunities they need to become resilient leaders in our communities.
Creciendo Juntos Operations and Development Coordinator position:
Objective of the position: To support Creciendo Juntos’ mission by managing and implementing fundraising strategies and to provide administrative support to the Programs Coordinator. Duties and Responsibilities: Within the limits of Creciendo Juntos’ programs, policies, procedures, and budget, the Operations and
Development Coordinator is responsible for and has the authority to perform the duties listed below:
● Execute development strategies including: donor stewardship, grants, individual solicitations, and fundraising campaigns.
● Manage grant applications and reports, including drafting and editing.
● Support CJ Board members in development activities as requested. Operations: ● Provide general support to the Programs Coordinator.
● Collect and maintain records of demographic data of clients.
● Provide support with event planning and execution.
● Documentation of office operations, event checklists, and event timelines.
● Deposit individual contribution checks and send thank-you notes to donors.
● Manage filing systems.
● Fundraising and grant writing experience.
● Highly organized and detail-oriented.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Suite. Prefered Skills ● Conversational or proficient Spanish language skills.
● This position is part-time (20-25 hrs per week).
● Compensation rate is $27.50 per hour.
TO APPLY: please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Priority consideration given to resumes received by March 13th, and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Target start date is end of March/Beginning of April 2023. Applications received without a cover letter will not be reviewed.