About the National Association of Latino Arts & Cultures (NALAC)
Since 1989, the National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures has delivered programs that stabilize and revitalize the US Latinx/é arts and cultural sector via funding, leadership training, convenings, research, and advocacy. Our constituency is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, and interdisciplinary community that includes thousands of Latinx/é artists and hundreds of nonprofit Latinx/é arts and cultural organizations in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
NALAC envisions a cultural landscape that fully values and integrates the essential contributions of an expanding Latinx/é cultural sector and its dynamic workforce.
In-Person, resident of San Antonio or surrounding counties preferred. Will accommodate a flexible in-office/work-from-home schedule.
Technology Manager Role Description
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Technology Manager is responsible for the organization’s information technology infrastructure and how it supports business continuity. Areas of responsibility include management of computer hardware and applications, cloud platforms, helpdesk operations, network administration, and cyber security. This role also guides the programs, operations, finance, development, and communications teams on best practices and processes in leveraging NALAC’s existing technologies to achieve their objectives and goals. The Technology Manager will implement technology systems-driven projects to help maintain a healthy technology infrastructure supporting NALAC’s strategic initiatives.
- Determine information technology gaps and goals of NALAC and implement technology systems to meet those goals.
- Analyze, build, maintain, and enhance process mapping projects based on business procedures.
- Research and maintain a dynamic knowledge base of technical solutions to ensure the organization’s IT infrastructure is as efficient and productive as possible.
- Advises technology budgets and manages reconciliation and budget reporting as requested.
- Provide helpdesk support to staff to resolve technology-related issues.
- Computer maintenance: inventory, monitor, report, and optimize for performance issues.
- Vet and purchase new hardware as necessary. Oversee proper employee onboarding, training, care, and return of NALAC hardware and tech assets.
- Document and communicate requirements and user instructions and train staff as needed.
- Resolve complex issues with great attention pertaining to program delivery, database management, and technology systems. Guide process optimization, especially on complex business processes.
- Serve as project manager for technology-related projects and be accountable for project plans, timelines, project tracking, meeting delivery dates, and support on assigned projects and tasks.
- Serve as Project Manager for continued maintenance of our CRM systems, including Salesforce and Airtable.
- Evaluate phone systems, printers, and other office equipment on a routine basis and provide systems upgrade solutions as needed.
- Assist with planning and on-site operation of agency-sponsored events.
- Create report templates and produce accurate and timely detailed reports and queries.
Compensation & Benefits
NALAC recently moved to transparent salary brackets to enable applicants to make informed decisions about alignment, ensure pay equity amongst NALAC staff, and reduce predatory salary negotiations that often generate pay inequities.
For this role, NALAC offers a starting salary between $75,000 and $85,000 annually. In addition, NALAC offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employees 100% paid for by NALAC and 25% paid for by NALAC for dependents (beginning on the 1st of the month after hire),
- Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match (eligible after one year of service)
- Two weeks of Vacation PTO
- Twelve Holidays, with five spanning a whole week, during the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, March Spring Break, and the 4th of July holidays.
- Three weeks of Sick PTO
- A company-provided laptop and at-home technology stipend.
- Work where you want, in your home office, at NALAC headquarters, or a neighborhood park.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
NALAC recognizes that it is highly unlikely for any candidate to have all our preferred qualifications and encourages non-traditional applicants who have transferable and applicable previous experience.
- BS in Information Technology, Data Sciences, Cybersecurity, or other related fields, or at least three years of experience in industry-similar workplace environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 applications: TEAMS, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint
- Experienced in Microsoft 365 Administration: Exchange User management, Groups, Shared Mailbox management, TEAMS management.
- Experience with identity MFA authentication administration: OKTA, Microsoft Entra, InTune, Defender 365
- Proficient in maintaining business network systems: Modem, Routers, Wi-Fi setup, and Computer network admin settings.
- Understanding of database and CRM platforms: Salesforce, Airtable
- Knowledge of WordPress website administration: templates, pages, posts, donation and store cart plugins, SEO and website traffic analytics
- Proficient in using PDF and e-signature applications: Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Sign, DocuSign
- Knowledge of virtual meeting and webinar platforms: Zoom, TEAMS
Equal Employment Opportunity
NALAC does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
NALAC is not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
We highly encourage applications from candidates whose lived experiences are of intersectionally marginalized identities.
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning on October 30, 2023, and until the position is filled.