NALAC Communications Intern
The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC) is a legacy organization investing in the Latino heritage of this nation. For over 30 years, NALAC has built a strong foundation for the promotion of Latinx arts and culture and its advocacy efforts have advanced issues of cultural equity and raised the visibility and understanding of Latinx artistic and cultural expression. To this end, NALAC makes strategic investments to bolster leadership development, grow networks and partnerships and provide financial resources for those front-line artists and organizations involved in effecting change through arts and culture.
The National Association of Latino Arts and Culture (NALAC) seeks a motivated and skilled Marketing/Communications Intern with an interest in the cultural arts and/or nonprofit management. The intern will assist with administrative and managerial tasks, including social networking communications, designing and writing a bi-monthly newsletter, maintaining a MailChimp/e-Tapestry database, working on the organization’s webpage, assisting with design for print and digital materials, assisting with events and programs, and basic photography/video production.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office/MS365, WordPress, and social media networks is a must. Intern may be expected to attend NALAC virtual events and monitor programming preparations. Intern must effectively communicate with NALAC member organizations, donors, and community at-large. Background in marketing, communications, the arts, or arts administration is preferred.
Project and Responsibilities Outlined
- Create bi-monthly electronic newsletter for supporters
- Maintain mail chimp & e-tapestry databases
- Generate content for social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and LinkedIn)
- Assist with design of print, electronic, and other collateral pieces
- Help maintain WordPress website
- Maintain Arts press clippings
- Database maintenance and updating
Skills to Be Developed
- Enhance written and oral communication skills
- Enhance social media promotion skills
- Learn about practical marketing strategies
- Build a communications and marketing portfolio
- The opportunity to custom-design internship to meet individual academic and career
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent writing and editing reading skills
- MS 365 & Office familiarity, MS Teams and MS Planner a plus
- Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite design software a plus
- Social Media & Data Analytics skill
- HTML/Wordpress experience a plus
- Students working towards a degree in marketing, public relations, communications or social media, or a career in arts administration are highly encouraged to apply. Prior work/internship experience is also a plus.
This is a paid position at the rate of $12 per hour. The preferred Marketing & Communications Intern schedule is negotiable; however it is preferred that intern work 10-20 (max) hours per week for a minimum of 3-6 months. This position is virtual/remote work and is best suited to current students or recent college graduates who are emerging cultural arts and/or non-profit professionals. BIPOCQT2S applicants with applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should email their resume, cover letter, three character and or/professional references and availability to NALAC Deputy Director, Alberto Mejia: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.