NALAC Alumni Engagement Intern
Alumni Engagement Intern
The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC) is a legacy organization investing in the Latino heritage of this nation. For over 30 years, NALAC has built a strong foundation for the promotion of Latinx arts and culture and its advocacy efforts have advanced issues of cultural equity and raised the visibility and understanding of Latinx artistic and cultural expression. To this end, NALAC makes strategic investments to bolster leadership development, grow networks and partnerships and provide financial resources for those front-line artists and organizations involved in effecting change through arts and culture.
The National Association of Latino Arts and Culture (NALAC) seeks a motivated and skilled Nalacerx engagement intern with an interest in the cultural arts and/or nonprofit management. This intern reports directly to the Leadership Program Manager works in conjunction with other program staff. Intern will assist with the planning and implementation of NALAC leadership programming including NLI, ALI and ILI events. The intern will assist with administrative tasks that may include: coordinating faculty, working with artists & vendors and tracking engagement metrics. The Nalacerx intern may also assist the Leadership Manager on additional projects including research and development, budget management, member/alumni communication.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Analyzing, evaluating past programming and implementing new program ideas
- Professional development and network building programming
- Assisting with program logistics, special (virtual) event planning
- Supporting and implementing plans to deepen and grow connections within the NALAC networks and greater Latinx cultural arts field & sector.
- Assist with strategies to connect with member needs, trends and converting members and alumni into investors
- Developing and supporting friend-raising, fundraising /crowdfunding campaigns
Skills to Be Developed
- Program planning and curation experience
- Professional development and network building theory and practice
- Understanding of budget management
- Member and alumni communication
- Contract and process management experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Self-starter and go-getter personality
- High level of attention to detail
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- MS 365 & Office familiarity, MS Teams, MS Planner and airtable a plus
- Social Media & Data Analytics skill
- Understanding of social networks analysis and/or experience in social/online community management
- Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite design software a plus
- Students working towards a degree in marketing, public relations, communications or social media, or a career in arts administration are highly encouraged to apply. Prior work/internship experience is also a plus.
This is a paid position at the rate of $12 per hour. The preferred Nalacerx engagement intern with schedule is negotiable, however it is preferred that intern work 10-20 (max) hours per week for a minimum of 3-6 months. This position is virtual/remote work and is best suited to current students or recent college graduates who are emerging cultural arts and/or non-profit professionals. BIPOCQT2S applicants with applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should email their resume, cover letter, three character and or/professional references and availability to NALAC Deputy Director, Alberto Mejia: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.