About the National Association of Latino Arts & Cultures (NALAC)
Since 1989, the National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures has delivered programs that stabilize and revitalize the US Latinx/é arts and cultural sector via funding, leadership training, convenings, research, and advocacy. Our constituency is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, and interdisciplinary community that includes thousands of Latinx/é artists and hundreds of nonprofit Latinx/é arts and cultural organizations in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
NALAC envisions a cultural landscape that fully values and integrates the essential contributions of an expanding Latinx/é cultural sector and its dynamic workforce.
Hybrid, anywhere in the United States. A travel budget to attend monthly meetings at headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, will be provided.
Accounting Manager Role Description
Under the supervision of NALAC’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Accounting Manager
- Ensures financial activities, policies, procedures, and internal controls comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and applicable local, state, and federal governmental, legal/regulatory, and contractual requirements.
- Supports the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements, annual financial audits, tax reporting documents, budget reports, and other performance data to assure organizational productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement.
- Performs month-end financial closing processes.
- Manages the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for the organization.
- Reviews and ensures the accuracy of bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial statements and cash flow reports.
- Performs detailed program and operational financial data analysis to provide organizational guidance and accountability.
- Creates customized financial reports to support effective executive decision-making.
- Maintains organized, intuitive, and efficient accounting filing systems in digital format.
- Collaborates with the Development and Grants teams to gather and disseminate financial information for grant payment schedules and contracts.
- Provides guidance and support to NALAC staff to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Performs other general accounting duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits
NALAC recently moved to transparent salary brackets to enable applicants to make informed decisions about alignment, ensure pay equity amongst NALAC staff, and reduce predatory salary negotiations that often generate pay inequities.
For this role, NALAC offers a starting salary between $75,000 and $85,000 annually. In addition, NALAC offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employees 100% paid for by NALAC and 25% paid for by NALAC for dependents (beginning on the 1st of the month after hire),
- Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match (eligible after one year of service)
- Two weeks of Vacation PTO
- Twelve Holidays, with five spanning a whole week, during the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, March Spring Break, and the 4th of July holidays.
- Three weeks of Sick PTO
- A company-provided laptop and at-home technology stipend.
- Work where you want, in your home office, at NALAC headquarters, or a neighborhood park.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
NALAC recognizes that it is highly unlikely for any candidate to have all our preferred qualifications and encourages non-traditional applicants who have transferable and applicable previous experience.
- BS in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Non-profit accounting minimum 3-5 years experience with general ledgers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, profit and loss statements, budgeting/forecasting, and reconciliations.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning and budgeting processes.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and FASB.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- CPA firm experience is a plus.
- Well-versed in QuickBooks Online, certification is a plus.
- Experience with Justworks and Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with Stripe, Square, and PayPal payment platforms is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional teamwork attitude and ability to accept and give feedback.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of tact and professionalism in resolving conflicts.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to set priorities with excellent time management skills.
- Enjoys working independently with clear deadlines and deliverables.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NALAC does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
NALAC is not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
We highly encourage applications from candidates whose lived experiences are of intersectionally marginalized identities.
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning on October 30, 2023, and until the position is filled.