Manager of School Partnerships
The Phillips Collection’s education department helps teachers and students see, connect, and engage with art in new and unexpected ways. Its innovative approach to arts integration promotes student-centered teaching and learning and empowers students to express themselves and their values, opinions, and thoughts. The department has deep relationships with schools throughout the DC, Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) area and supports teachers and students through professional development, extended school partnerships, school tours, and digital resources. The Manager of School Partnerships will sustain and deepen the museum’s relationships with partner schools, creating a structure to maintain existing relationships while building capacity to add new ones.
• Maintain relationships with partner schools and lead the museum’s Art Links program, which works closely with teachers to co-create multi-visit collaborations. Identify opportunities for expanded school partnerships.
• Develop projects and resources to be implemented by teachers in the partnership school classrooms (e.g., Art Kits).
• Assist in the development of Art Links program goals and objectives using to meet the needs of PK12 students and teachers.
• Design and conduct professional development sessions for educators related to work done with partner schools.
• Three to five years’ experience in education and/or museums.
• Broad knowledge of arts integration, culturally responsive teaching, modern and contemporary art, PK12 learning theory, and museum partnerships.
• Teaching experience with understanding of PK12 learning.
This is a full time exempt position with a salary range of $45,000 – $50,000 annually.
To view full job description and apply, please visit https://www.phillipscollection.org/about/opportunities/employment