- NALAC defines the primary applicant as the individual artist who is seeking to participate in the 2022 CFC Fellowship Program.
- A primary applicant may submit one CFC application per open call and can be awarded one CFC
Award per cycle.
- Applicants will be required to execute the 2022 CFC Program Components in the geographic community in which they live and create work.
General Requirements for Eligibility
All primary applicants must meet the following criteria before applying to CFC:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Must be a Latinx artist.
- Must have an active NALAC individual membership (visit www.nalac.org/tienda/membership-join/to purchase your membership). Please note that an individual NALAC membership fee is $35.00 annually. If you would like to discuss your membership status as it relates to your NFA application, please contact NALAC Grants via the NALAC Programs Support Desk.
- Artists who have applied for the 2022 NFA General Artist Grant are eligible to submit a 2022 CFC Letter of Interest Form for the 2022 CFC Fellowship program, with the understanding that if the applicant is selected for both a 2022 NFA General Artist Grant and the 2022 CFC Fellowship Program, the applicant will be required to forfeit the NFA General Artist Grant award in order to participate in the CFC Fellowship.
Deadline: CFC Letter of Interest Form Submission Extended Deadline - June 23, 2022
IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR TIME ZONE. NALAC’s online application system will automatically close at 11:59PM Central Time. All application materials must be submitted electronically via the online system by the posted deadline.
All individuals interested in applying to the NALAC Fund for the Arts must visit the NALAC Submissions Manager (www.nalac.submittable.com) and create a Submittable account.
The application for CFC will occur in two stages:
Stage 1- Open Call - CFC Letter of Interest Form
May 11 - June 9, 2022 (4 weeks) *Extended Deadline June 23, 2022
Offered in an open call format, interested applicants are invited to submit a CFC Letter of Interest Form in which the applicant will answer five narrative questions which focus on understanding the applicant’s role in their community, the applicant’s perspective on working with communities on racial justice and equity, and the applicant’s capacity to fully engage with the 2022 CFC Fellowship Program.
Stage 2- By Invitation Only - 2022 CFC Fellowship Application
Offered by invitation only, select applicants who submitted a CFC Letter of Interest form will be asked to submit a more comprehensive application for the CFC Fellowship. More application details, including evaluation criteria for awarded fellowships, will be shared with select applicants.
Applicants being invited to submit a 2022 CFC Fellowship Application will be notified of their application status by the end of June.
Applicants will have two weeks to submit the full application and requested materials.
Primary applicants will be notified via the email associated with their Submittable account if their CFC Letter of Interest form has been offered an invitation to submit the 2022 CFC Fellowship Application.
The following support opportunities are available to applicants throughout the open call. Applicants may participate in a live info session, review a recorded info session, join a casual ‘office hours’ session to connect with staff, or schedule a private consultation with staff. In these settings NALAC staff will be available to answer questions, provide support, encouragement, and technical support throughout the application season.
Live Applicant Support Webinars for CFC
Thursday, May 19, 2022 from 3:00pm – 4:00pm CST
Thursday, May 26, 2022 from 3:00pm – 4:00pm CST
Office Hours Sessions for CFC
NALAC staff may connect virtually to answer questions about the CFC Fellowship or its application process in an “office hours” or “cafecito” casual format. We recommend all interested applicants join a ‘office hours’ or ‘cafecito’ session to allow an opportunity for NALAC staff to hear their questions and offer support. Please use the link below to RSVP and drop into a NALAC CFC Office Hours session.
Saturday, May 21, 2022, 3:00pm – 4:00pm CST
Join the NALAC CFC Office Hours Here
Please note that additional opportunities to connect with NALAC staff using this format will be made available throughout the open call. Follow NALAC on social media to stay up to date on CFC open call programming.
Individual consultations with NALAC staff will only be available by request and appointment only. We recommend all prospective applicants with questions utilize the NALAC CFC Office Hours session as the key opportunity to connect with NALAC staff, as individual consultations may not be available for all applicants.
Inquiries may be submitted in writing via the NALAC Programs Support Desk. Please allow up to three business days for a response to your inquiry.