Flamenco Vivo seeks Full Time Patron Development Manager
Flamenco Vivo is one of America’s premier flamenco companies, serving more than 40,000 people nationwide through annual national touring and home performances, life-changing educational experiences to over 18,000 public school children each year, and through its NYC studio, which serves as a home for the flamenco community and an incubator for the next generation of Spanish dance artists and educators. We believe that the universal spirit of flamenco – with diverse influences from Arab, Jewish, Gypsy, Spanish, African and Latin American cultures – gives this art form a unique power to build bridges between people.
About the Position
Working closely with the Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Board, the Patron Development Manager is responsible for the management and growth of patron-based revenue for Flamenco Vivo – that of ticket sales, memberships, and individual donations – through the planning and implementing marketing and development campaigns.
This new role, reporting to the Executive Director, will develop strategic marketing initiatives to build brand awareness, relevance, and esteem among target audiences; lead campaigns to meet or exceed ticket sales and donation goals; and develop & deploy ways to maintain and increase loyalty and build deeper relationships with patrons.
While primarily working Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm, the person who takes this job must be willing to work some nights and weekends. Experience with PatronManager CRM a plus.
• Direct the planning and execution of marketing and development strategies and budget to expand the audience/donor base, deepen relationships through patron retention, and increase ticket and donation revenue at an effective ROI.
• Manage direct-response and advertising campaigns to achieve ticket sales and giving targets.
• Work with the Executive Director to develop and execute individual donor cultivation strategies such as galas and special donor events.
• Manage the development and deployment of Flamenco Vivo’s digital assets, including the website, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram), and email marketing.
• Develop and deploy content so as to broaden and engage audiences.
• Conduct ongoing market research and use relevant stakeholder information to continuously inform Flamenco Vivo’s marketing/development strategy.
• Grow membership campaign, and manage monthly member events (e.g. in-studio events, workshops, artist talks and more).
Institutional Identity & Brand
• Oversee Flamenco Vivo’s brand identity and ensure that all communications are on-brand.
• Supervise production of collateral (both physical and electronic, ensuring accuracy and consistency with Flamenco Vivo’s messaging and “voice”
• Participate in the annual development of a public relations plan that increases awareness of Flamenco Vivo’s brand, programs, and services.
• Manage ticket and donation data as part of Flamenco Vivo’s patron database
• Serve as customer service “concierge,” providing personalized ticketing assistance to Board Members, donors and other key audiences.
• Serve as liaison to theatres for all aspects of ticketing including single tickets, group sales and memberships. Regularly and accurately communicate with the theatre staff regarding pricing, promotions and information/messaging pertaining to performances.
• Implement dynamic pricing and manage house scaling and fill (when appropriate). Manage set-up of house seating charts, on-sale events, ticket holds, and comp tickets.
• Responsible for front of house set up and oversight, including serving onsite as Flamenco Vivo box office coverage for performances (when necessary).
• Supervise marketing/development interns (when applicable), including training and scheduling.
The ideal candidate will:
– Be excited about creative problem solving and finding innovative ways to further marketing and development for the organization.
– Be detail oriented and extremely organized. This role requires you to wear many hats, often simultaneously; so it is imperative to maneuver seamlessly between tasks!
– Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes.
– Enjoy a collaborative office culture, while being able to self-motivate and manage responsibilities independently.
– Be conversational in Spanish (this is not a requirement but very helpful)
Compensation: Full-time salaried position, compensation commensurate with experience plus health insurance.
How To Apply
To be considered for the position, please email all of the items below to Hanaah Bates at [email protected] and include “Patron Development Manager” in the email’s subject line. The deadline to apply is March 31st but interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications ASAP.
1. An original cover letter including your interest in the position and Flamenco Vivo.
2. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your professional and educational experience.
3. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No calls please. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is an equal opportunity employer. All positions are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.