Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA; hybrid schedule
Time Commitment: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Announcement Date: November 10, 2023
Applications Due: Open until filled
Compensation: $26.00 per hour to $31.00 per hour; commensurate with experience
About the Levitt Foundation
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. We’re a national social impact funder at the intersection of music, public space, and community building that partners with nonprofits to build a more equitable, healthy, and thriving future for all. We realize our mission of building community through music through two core programs: the Levitt venue program and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards. In 2024, more than 700 free outdoor Levitt concerts will take place in 45 towns and cities across America, bringing joy to over 750,000 people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Levitt Foundation is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) throughout our organization and all aspects of our work, recognizing this commitment as essential to realizing the Levitt mission. We value having a team with a wide range of perspectives, backgrounds, experiences, and skills so our approach to grantmaking is well-rounded and the connection with our team members and the communities we support is authentic. We strive to create a positive working culture through professional development opportunities, employee recognition, and team-building events and activities. We focus on creating a working environment that promotes collaboration and fairness. Our commitment to EDI fosters a culture where team members can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in the value of every individual and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity. To learn more about the national Levitt network and the Levitt Foundation, visit levitt.org.
The Executive Assistant provides comprehensive support to the Chief Executive Officer, including scheduling, travel arrangements, preparing meeting materials, event support, and general administrative responsibilities and projects. The successful candidate will be able to prioritize competing deadlines, handle matters expeditiously, take a proactive approach, and follow through on assignments and projects in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. This dynamic position requires the ability to identify and anticipate the needs of the CEO and think critically with a high level of professionalism, discretion and discernment while interacting with a broad range of individuals from the Levitt network and across industries and sectors.
• Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer
• Schedule and provide executive level calendar management for in-person meetings, video meetings, and conference calls; prioritize meeting inquires and requests; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements; send confirmations and follow-up reminders, as needed
• Research and compare flights, hotel accommodations, and restaurant group dining, identifying best available options; make travel arrangements including flights, ground transport, hotel, and group meals; prepare travel itineraries; create dossier on VIPs the CEO is scheduled to meet with during travel
• Track credit card receipts and prepare expense reports for the CEO; track and coordinate use of travel credits
• Draft, prepare, and edit documents including agendas, letters, reports, budgets, special projects and other documents in a range of formats including Word, Excel, PDF, and PowerPoint
• Provide Board of Directors administration support; manage the online Board portal and assist with the preparation of Board documents and meeting materials
• Provide general administration support to the Operations Department, as needed, including event support
• Coordinate master schedule for office conference rooms
• Champion the Levitt Foundation’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by participating and promoting the Foundation’s culture of inclusion and collaboration
• Act as an organization ambassador at events and support the organization’s presence at such events
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
• Five to seven years of executive assistant experience preferred
• Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
• Strong time management skills and sound judgement in balancing priorities and making appropriate, informed decisions
• Strong ability to make comprehensive travel arrangements, often multi-destination
• Experience and skill in completing a high volume of tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment, without loss of attention to detail and minimal oversight
• Keen ability to recognize and respond promptly to matters of urgent nature
• High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and listening skills with a friendly, upbeat demeanor and a people-first attitude
• Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
• Commitment to execute work with an equity, diversity, and inclusion lens
• Passion for the Levitt mission of building community through music
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends on occasion
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
The Levitt Foundation offers a dynamic work environment. A full benefits package is offered. We are an EEO/AAW employer.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.