Phoenix Art Museum is looking for the perfect candidate to serve as our next Gerry Grout Education Director, and lead the Museum’s mission-driven education programs and manage the Museum’s Education and Library Department’s staff and budget.
MAIN JOB DUTIES
1. Manage and supervise Education and Library Department’s staff.
2. Work with the large and active Docent program, help guide all activities and insure that the program is in alignment with the goals and objectives of the Museum. Attend all Docent meetings as the Museum representative.
3. Create, implement, and oversee an effective internship program within the Museum’s mission financial capabilities.
4. Develop and implement strategic goals and objectives for education programs to further the mission of the Museum. Manage and support the Education Department to achieve those goals.
5. Work with the education team to create and present public programs in relation to the Museum’s collection and exhibitions. Emphasis placed on programs that have the potential of outside funding or can earn revenue via ticket sales.
6. In collaboration with, and the approval of the Development Department actively participate in and search for funding opportunities to support the education programs and the larger mission of the Museum through grants, collaborative efforts, individual donors and other community funders
7. Primary education editor of Museum texts. Work with Curatorial staff to develop interpretation and projects for exhibitions and Museum collections.
8. Develop on-going means to encourage and welcome new audiences with the input of the education team and in collaboration the External Affairs Division. Specifically work to enlarge our DEIA work within and outside the Museum.
9. Serve as liaison to other educational organizations, locally and nationally.
10. Serve as liaison to the committees of the Board of Trustees as assigned.
For a full list of qualifications and instructions on how to apply, please visit https://phxart.org/get-involved/careers/