Current Fellowship offerings for the 2023-2024 Season Include:
Each Asolo Rep Directing Fellows will serve as Assistant Director for two mainstage productions in the 2023-2024 Mainstage Season.
Duties may include:
• Evaluating and reporting on script submissions
• Conducting dramaturgical research for the ’23-’24 season
• Attending rehearsals and preview performances.
• Participating in creating audience-facing dramaturgical features and displays.
• Leading talkbacks, pre-show informative presentations, and other audience engagement events
• Providing administrative support for public programming including maintaining the literary office’s script archive
• Providing administrative support for local and national casting efforts
Supporting the artistic needs and development processes of the Ground Floor Series, Asolo Rep’s new works program
Applicants should have:
• A strong knowledge of contemporary, classical, and emerging playwrights
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• An enthusiasm for engaging audiences and public speaking
• A commitment to pursuing a career in an Artistic capacity, including Literary Management, Production Dramaturgy, or Casting.
A Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a concentration in dramaturgy, theatre education, or similar applicable experience is highly recommended.
We recognize that some candidates feel demotivated to reach out or apply to a position if they don’t fit every qualification of an application. We know that candidates offer skills and abilities beyond those that are listed and encourage you to apply.
Stipend: $550 per week.
• Shared company housing inclusive of a private bedroom, internet, and basic utilities within 6 miles of the theatre is available to rent for $200 per week.
Apprentice Schedule: While hours will vary from week to week, an average of 40 hours/week is anticipated for this training position.
Length of Dramaturgy and Casting Apprenticeship: October 2023– June 2024
How to Apply: Please submit an online application with cover letter, resume, 3 references and 2 writing samples (such as play coverage, program articles, or short theatrical essays). Asolo_human_resources@asolo.org.