Associate Director, Mannes Prep
The New School is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promises diversity and tolerance in all areas of employment, education and access to its educational, artistic or cultural programs and activities. The New School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex or gender (including actual or perceived gender identity or expression or transgender status), sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, religion, religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status, or any other legally protected status.
The New School’s College of Performing Arts seeks an Associate Director of Mannes Prep. Reporting to the Director of Mannes Prep, the Associate Director will assist the Director in a wide range of administrative tasks, helping to lead the program and direct the operation of its programs and faculty. The Associate Director works Tuesday through Saturday during the school year and Monday through Friday during summers; additionally, the position requires some evenings and extended hours on Saturdays. The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
Mannes Prep is a part of The College of Performing Arts (CoPA). Through its three schools (Mannes School of Music, the School of Jazz & Contemporary Music and the School of Drama), preparatory program (Mannes Prep), and new innovate degrees (MA: Arts Management and Entrepreneurship and MM: Perform-Composer), CoPA serves more than 1,000 degree-seeking students and 300 pre-college students.
– Manage the day to day operations for Mannes Prep: serve as an initial point of contact for students, families, prospective students, and faculty. Execute student registration, build courses in university systems, create schedules, and book teaching and rehearsal spaces.
– Collaborate in the development and deployment of new organizational structures and data systems to streamline processes;
– Contribute to the creation and assessment of curriculum;
– Organize, oversee, and participate in recruitment from inquiry through admission;
– Develop and run special events such as masterclasses, large ensemble concerts, composition readings and concerts, classes for parents, and other events as needed;
– Write, produce, and distribute Mannes Prep’s weekly newsletter;
– Serve as primary contact for students, faculty, and parents via the [email protected] account, and the main office phone line;
– Handle all student issues and family concerns in keeping with institutional policies, escalating to Director when necessary;
– Promote events through established university channels including Splash, CoPA social media outlets, etc.
– Additional duties as assigned.