Adjunct Faculty – Photography
Soka University of America (SUA) seeks an adjunct instructor to teach both analog and digital photography (two sections per semester) to non-majors beginning in Fall Semester 2021.
• Qualified candidates will hold an MFA or other practice-oriented terminal degree, or have equivalent professional experience and have demonstrated success teaching at the college or university level, fostering student creativity, and working with diverse student populations.
• Candidates must have demonstrated success managing darkroom facilities, Mac-based image-processing classroom, and analog and digital cameras.
• Candidates must demonstrate successful creative work, as in a record of publications, exhibitions, etc.
• Candidates should demonstrate a willingness to facilitate the university’s mission to develop global citizens.
• This position involves teaching two introductory level courses. It is initially for Fall Semester 2021, with renewals possible.
• SUA has both a traditional B/W darkroom and a digital image processing classroom. This position will include responsibility for managing the facilities, and training and coordinating student assistants.
• Commitment to teaching fundamental principles of creative work in still photographic media, fostering student creativity and developing fundamental craft
SUA aims to foster rewarding intellectual relationships among faculty and between faculty and students through collaboration and mentoring. An appreciation of the centrality of peace, global citizenship, freedom, and human rights is the founding impetus for the university and its mission.
Salary: Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, and will include stipends both for teaching and facility management.
Application information: Deadline for full consideration is March 15, 2021. Please submit letter of application, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, a one-page statement of teaching philosophy and contact information for three professional references, including at least one for teaching work. Do not send material work samples at this time.
Please submit all documents through the Interfolio link below. Employment is contingent on the completion of a successful background check.
Please apply by clicking on this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/84279
Please send any inquiries to this email address: [email protected]
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.