2021 Latinx Summit Virtual Event Partner-RFP
Project Scope Summary
Based on the event specifications for the Latinx Annual Summit, the National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC) seeks vendors to provide some or all of the following services. NALAC seeks a vendor capable of delivering an engaging, inspiring and leading-edge virtual event experience for our cherished communities/sector of Latinx artists and cultural workers. NALAC encourages submissions from BIPOC led vendors.
Preference will be given to vendors who can perform and/or effectively subcontract all of the following services for the 2021 Latinx Summit:
- Project Planning and Management
- Virtual Summit Support
- Session organization
- Virtual meeting room management
- Vendor management
- Agenda/Content development and presentation materials
- Virtual Consulting
- Techs for Day-of Support
- Documentation Support
- Registration Management
As part of content and presentation material services, NALAC seeks a vendor who also can artistically capture and convey the organizational narrative of NALAC and the NALAC leadership/alumni -past to present as threads that tie into the summit theme of “Manos a la Obra” inspiring/activating attendees into the future work of the organization while honoring the foundational leaders.
Interested vendors send proposals to:
Alberto Mejia, [email protected]
Proposals must be submitted by:
Monday Feb 1st, 2021 by 5:00PM Central Time
Please include the following items in the submitted proposal/materials in MS word or pdf format:
- HQ address:
- Responding office address (if different):
- Primary contact name:
- When did you start providing virtual events/services?
- Case Studies/Client referrals
- Team details/bios
- Why you should choose us.
- Total estimated price
- Pricing comments
- Features Overview (see detailed requirements and services needed from vendors described below)
Goals of 2021 Latinx Summit
- Inspire and catalyze sustainable peer networking/networks.
- Deepen intergenerational engagement, relationships, exchange and cultural practice.
- Advance research toward a “for us by us” cultural policy agenda that supports the needs of the field, influences trends and mobilize communities.
- NALAC anticipates attendance from 200-500 + Latinx & BIPOC Cultural Workers, working artists, philanthropists, art professionals & administrators, DEI & racial justice advocates.
Attendee feedback, vendor/presenter feedback and staff feedback and demographic data will be collected to gauge the success of the summit as well as the success of the virtual event partner.
The 2021 Latinx Summit will be a virtual summit organized under a progressive learning framework beginning with comprehension (Tactical Knowledge) to Analysis (Social Strategy) to Synthesis (Creative Practice)
The virtual summit content will be structured into:
- Keynote speakers/presentations (all attendees)
- Plenary sessions (all attendees)
- Workshops (attendee choice)
- Roundtables/affinity groups (i.e., individual artists, rural, BIPOC, disabled, LGBTQ etc.)
- Multi-discipline showcases performances and digital “site visits” – curated throughout the convening.
- Networking and research opportunities Pre-Summit, During and Post Summit.
- Breakouts will be required
- NALAC estimates total virtual activities/session will range in number from 20-30.
The 2021 NALAC Latinx Summit keynote, plenary sessions and workshops will take place on 2-3 Mondays between September 13, 2021 and October 1, 2021 for between 4-6 hours per day.
Roundtables, virtual showcases and virtual site visits may take place in between these core program dates. Networking and research opportunities will take place pre-Summit, during and post summit.
The maximum budget for this project is $40,000
- Upon signing of statement of work – invoice up to 20% of total proposed budget (estimated between February-March ,2021)
- 2-3 months until event start date – invoice up to 50% of total proposed budget.
- 1 month prior to event start date – invoice 90% of total proposed budget.
- Post event – invoice 100% of total proposed budget.
For Detailed Requirements and Services Needed from Vendor view and download the PDF.